Australian inbound services
If you are an Australian-based business the next step for you may be expanding to New Zealand. Whether you are wanting to establish a new retail branch, a service centre, or any other type of business in New Zealand you will be faced with issues and be in need of a local advisor to help you get set up and operating effectively.
At Baker Tilly Staples Rodway we offer a totally customisable service with the flexibility to fit in with your internal resources and help out with set up and on-going work in a way that works the best for you.
We have outlined here the usual services that we provide support for, and we are happy to roll our sleeves up to help in any new ways that may be specific to you. We also have an extensive network of connections and can put you in touch with the right people in other fields.
We have a close relationship with Pitcher Partners, the leading accounting firm for the mid-market in Australia. While we work closely with Pitchers, we have good relationships with other Australian accounting firms and have assisted many of their clients to set up in New Zealand.
- Registering your company, branch or other entity
- Liaising with your preferred bank to open a bank account
- Obtaining IRD numbers and getting registered for the right tax types
- Registration with Customs if you are an importer
- Setting up correctly with ACC
Our Tax Specialists have the knowledge and experience to provide you with practical, tailored solutions. We are familiar with structures that provide the best tax and operational outcomes for Australian business coming to New Zealand.
You will need to consider income taxes, GST, withholding taxes, customs procedures, non-resident withholding taxes, PAYE, non-resident contractors tax and we can help with all those and more.
If you are only going to be operating here for a short period, there can be issues you may not expect – we can let you know the issues will be before you are surprised.
Your subsidiary or branch may require a financial audit. We are licensed auditors who use a risk-based methodology to prepare effective and competitive audits.
If you are in the finance industry we can assist with advice and support to comply with FMA regulations.
We can also assist with internal audits and fraud identification and prevention.
- Assistance and preparation of annual accounts.
- Preparation and filing of income tax returns, including being on our Tax Agency list.
- Assistance with preparation and filing of GST returns.
- Preparation of monthly payroll returns and advising you of amounts payable to Inland Revenue and employees.
- Acting as the registered office and filing annual returns.
- Translating your Australian employment agreements for New Zealand.
- HR compliance.
- Recruitment and selection.
- Disputes and disciplinary procedures.
- Internal HR management.
- Providing access to seminars and training sessions, as well as bespoke training as needed.
- Financial, tax and HR due diligence services.
- Structuring advice for new trans-Tasman acquisitions.
- We have close links with a business broker and can provide links into opportunities across many industries.